Welcome to new 160m band blog

This blog is the replacement of the my preview Topband blog here http://topband.blog.cz/ because of an agressive advertising and flash banners inserted by the blog provider. For older posts access You can visit the old blog link which will exist still... but it will not be updated anymore.

Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.


Sunday, January 20, 2013

ALA-1530 vs RF PRO-1 by Guy Atkins

Hello,

with permission from Guy Atkins I am posting over here very interesting comparison study of small receiving loops commercialy offered on the market.

Let's go to read what Guy wrote:

For the last few months I've been doing some methodical comparing of the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of many stations as heard through the Pixel Technologies RF PRO-1A and Wellbrook Communications ALA1530 active loop antennas. Using the spectrum analyzer qualities of the Perseus SDR receiver I've been able to be very objective on which loop antenna gives the best reception on all the LW, MW, and HF bands.

I've written a detailed review of the two loops which contains S/N charts for all bands, plus a selection of "A-B" comparison MP3 recordings and the original MS Excel spreadsheet file of raw S/N data available for download.

I've sent the review to some DX hobby web sites for possible publication, but Wellbrook has chosen to make the PDF file available now for download from their site:

http://www.wellbrook.uk.com/reviews/ALA1530-vs-RFPRO-1AReview.pdf

I hope you find the comparison review useful. It was very interesting and refreshing to use a receiver like Perseus as a S/N measuring tool rather than just making observations "by ear" as I've done for all my previous reviews and articles over the years.

Yes, you may certainly share my article on your blog. Besides the link to the PDF on Wellbrook's site, it is also found here:

and here
73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA

I hope that You will find it interesting and motivating...

73 - Petr, OK1RP
.../-.-

No comments:

Post a Comment