Welcome to new 160m band blog

This blog is the replacement of the my preview Topband blog here http://topband.blog.cz/ because of an agressive advertising and flash banners inserted by the blog provider. For older posts access You can visit the old blog link which will exist still... but it will not be updated anymore.

Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.


Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Another AGC setting of TT Orion 566 - by Doug, EI2CN


Another AGC setting of TT Orion 566 - by Doug, EI2CN
The following are my settings.



(Might set Sub Receiver the same as Main RX)
RX: (Slow AGC Setting) for all AGC settings

Sweep Range 72 kHz
Main AGC: Hang 00.21 S
[Slow] Decay 10 dB/S
Threshold 01.00 uV

Sub AGC: Hang 00.00
SDecay 40 dB/s
Threshold 01.00 uV
PBT Track OFF
BW Track OFF
Main RX Sql -127 dBm
Sub RX Sql -127 dBm
PBT/BW Step 10 Hz
AGC Slope Flat

(Medium AGC Setting:)
Main AGC: Hang 00.17 S
[Med} Decay 40 dB/S
Threshold 01.00 uV

(Fast AGC Setting:)
Main AGC Hang 00.04 S
[Fast] Decay 80 dB/S
Threshold 01.00 uV

(Prog AGC Setting:)
Main AGC Hang 00.30 S
[Prog] Decay 21 dB/S
Threshold 04.85 uV


These settings were posted by another of our group on a previous date and I have used them for some time and continue to use them with the latest Beta version firmware.

I use RF AGC and can find no reason for the AF AGC - perhaps I am missing something. There has been precious little discussion of this issue that I have seen. Some of our number have not been happy with the AGC currently in use and hanker back to an earlier release used on the original Orion.

They may be right? I must say the NR works on SSB for me. I also own a K3 which is another fine radio but even on their reflector some despair of the NR performance. I like both radios and both have advantages. We live in good times... 73 Doug, EI2CN.



73 - Petr, OK1RP
http://ok1rp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment